Located in Southwest Michigan where Hamilton and Holland meet, DeWeerdt Poultry is built on a family commitment to sustainable farming that starts and ends with the ground.
Every year, we invest in planting and harvesting corn and soybeans that will in turn provide our chickens with nutrient-rich feed. Eggs are gathered, cleaned, inspected and processed daily in a way that ensures a quality product is distributed and enjoyed. We also continue the sustainable process by marketing a superior manure waste product that can be utilized by local farms for fertilizer.
As a fully integrated business, DeWeerdt Poultry Farm owns and carefully manages all aspects of egg production and processing, including:
- Growing grains for our own feed
- Providing attentive care for laying hens
- Automated egg production and processing
- Inventory control and timely direct store delivery
- Producing and distributing dried fertilizer products